Due to Covid-19 all Dragon Boat Programs have been canceled for the 2020 on water season. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please stay safe.
Stay tuned for our High Performance on-water Dragon Boat Program 2020
We offer two Winter Dragon Boat programs, Recreational or Competitive.
All participants are encouraged to register for the program that best suits their needs and personal goals.
Want to give it a try? Contact email@example.com for a free drop in session.
Your preferred program doesn't work out for your schedule? Please feel free to register for the program that does. Warlocks welcome Canal Dragons and Canal Dragons welcome Warlocks members
Click here for more information about our Recreational Dragon Boat on water program
Click here for more information about our Competitive Dragon Boat program
Registration for our next On Water Dragon Boat season will open April 2020.
choose this link to register for membership
Not sure which program is best for you?
Note: members of Hope Floats Breast Cancer Survivor Crew register for either Recreational or Competitive
On-water Recreational Dragon Boat -
What does it look like?
* Skill level – Developmental, Developmental Plus, High Performance
* 2 practices per week; Monday and Wednesday evenings.
* No expectations for attendance, commitment is a personal choice
* 60 minute practices focused on paddling skills, team work and camaraderie
* Yearly club membership must be paid at the beginning of May or upon joining the club during the summer
*Several packages are available to help meet individual schedules. Program fees due upon registration. Payment plans available upon request. The best price available for participants when purchasing the full on water registration package. Spring/Summer/Fall
Click here to see detailed program descriptors for Recreational Dragon Boat
On-water Competitive Dragon Boat –
What does it look like?
* Skill level – Developmental, Developmental Plus, High-Performance
* 3 practices per week; Tuesday, Thursday evenings, Saturday morning
* Expectation to attend 2 out of 3 weekly practices:
* 90 minute practices focused on developing advanced competitive skills and fitness
* Yearly club membership fee must be paid at beginning of May or upon joining the club during the summer program
* Program fees paid in full by end of May. Payment plans available upon request.
Click here to see detailed program descriptors for Competitive Dragon Boat
Optional Winter Training Programs:
- twice per week for 90 minutes at WIFC from January through March
- once per week for 90 minutes at WIFC from December through March
- Optional week’s training camp in Sarasota, Florida in late April - Coach reviews paddler’s progress, when needed
Copyright - South Niagara Canoe Club 2018
South Niagara Canoe Club is a registered non-profit corporation. Mailing address: 108 Thorold Rd. East, Welland, ON. L3C 7A6
New paddling location - Welland International Flatwater Centre, 16 Townline Tunnel Road, Welland, ON.